Croessmann & Westberg, P.C. represents owners, contractors and other construction professionals. Our attorneys and professional staff are dedicated to helping you anticipate and avoid problems, resolve disputes, and achieve business goals. We balance your needs to manage and control legal fees and costs. When issues arise, we help our clients analyze the advantages and disadvantages of every approach. Our experience and honed skills help our clients avoid or minimize risk and disputes, with an eye toward preserving business relationships, reducing costs, and keeping projects moving forward. We are problem solvers who identify the potential risks in advance and arm our clients with strategies to avoid them moving forward. But if a matter requires formal dispute resolution, we have a team of construction litigators that has won some of the most complex construction cases.
Claims for Equitable Adjustments
CM at Risk
Bond and Surety Claims
EPC and DBOT Projects
Project Development and Finance
Integrated Project Delivery
Project Start-up and Commissioning
Project Controls and Project Administration
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Architect & Engineer (A/E) Malpractice
- Claims and Contract Management on the construction of the Champlain Bridge on the Saint Lawrence Seaway, Montreal, and the resolution of CAN $95m in claims against the Canadian Government and various subcontractors. Montreal, Canada
- Defended an architect on a multi-party claim on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, Washington, DC. The case was successfully settled.
- Claims Management on high-speed rail link, Montabaur, Germany. Managing a team of six for the preparation of the main claim for acceleration, extension of time, delay and disruption, variations and additional works on a guaranteed maximum price contract.
- Represented demolition subcontractor in a claim for additional work and time extension on the demolition of an Alcoa manufacturing facility. The case was successfully settled in mediation.
- Contracts and Commercial Manager on several power plants throughout Europe.
- Assisted the Central Connecticut Solid Waste Authority in drafting an RFQ to procure solid waste disposal and recycling services for their member communities. This effort included the drafting of general conditions for the proposed contract, assisting in analyzing the legal requirements for the procurement and developing strategies for the selection process.
We review so many standard industry contracts that we are able to offer online review of these contracts at very reasonable prices. Most contracts take between two and five hours to review. If the review will take longer than five hours, we will call you with an estimate prior to beginning the work. Simply email us the contract (preferably in Microsoft® Word format) and we will redline it with our comments and email it back to you, usually within 48 hours. After the client receives the redlined version, we will go through the contract with the client to answer any questions. We are also available to directly participate in the negotiations.